Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What does it say about a person?

I went to the mailboxes at school today and got my handful of silly stuff. I get prom catalogs (which immediately pawn off to Julie!), graduate credit opportunities (which I pawn off to teachers who I know need a kick in the butt to start master's work), and the smattering of "real" mail (which I throw on my desk to deal with later - quite a system I have there, huh?)

The thing I noticed today (besides my mail) was a Tupperware container in a teacher's mailbox, evidently left by someone who ate downstairs and wanted to leave his container where he wouldn't forget to take it home. At first, I started thinking about the teacher and tried to figure about what it says about a person when he leaves behind a container...or what the type of food a person brings for lunch says about him... and then I thought - why should I try to channel Freud when I can just mess with the guy! I took his container and put four sunflower seeds and a sugar packet it in and put it back in his mailbox.

Back to psychoanalyzing...what does it say about a person when she anonymously puts crap in a person's Tupperware? I say "who the hell cares?"

2 comments:

Pat said...

Hope I don't have another appointment with the principal coming up. This is creepily reminiscent of stuff you did in grade school! (Then, and now, it's the workings of a creative mind - and that's not a mom talking, it's an educator.)

Jennifer said...

The four sun flower seeds & Sugar packet sound ALMOST as funny as mysterious mail being received at your school with oddities in the envelope. This teacher may be on the hunt for someone who is retired & trying to mess with him or her!