Monday, January 11, 2010

Finish each day and be done with it.

I did it! I went to sleep at 9:00 and fell asleep quickly (I think!) Oh shit, now that means I have fewer excuses not to exercise! What a crock!

This week, I have the boys' cross-town game on Tuesday at GFH and the girls' cross-town game on Thursday at CMR... it will be a busy week, but I've got to be more consistent with exercise than LAST week (since I couldn't get any worse!) All I have to do is walk more than twice and I've done better than before! I think my mom said improvement is what it's about... If that's the case, I better not walk more than three times, or it will be harder to improve the next week (I'm really liking this logic...)

Speaking of jogging on a treadmill, I "processed" a fight for most of today... Two boys got into an altercation this morning, and I spent most of my day interviewing witnesses, talking to parents, etc., etc., etc... Days like today are like jogging on a treadmill since they make you break a sweat, but you go no where... I got absolutely NOTHING done!

I need to keep repeating my mantra... "tomorrow's a new day...tomorrow's a new day...tomorrow's a new day..."

"Finish each day and be done with it, you have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can.

"Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and when measuring your progress, compare yourself to yourself, not anybody else ... how you are doing now compared to how you were doing.

and what you did for those boys and those families today is incredible. you listened. that's huge.