Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thanks, Matt's dad!

I got an email from a teacher who said a mother called in and excused her son from the teacher's class, but the kid was later seen in another classroom, working on a project. The teacher was a little miffed that the kid obviously lied to his mother to get her to excuse him and when she (the teacher) confronted the student, he because insubordinate and rude.


She called his dad (the custodial parent) and his dad agreed to come in. The dad called me so I could "arm him with information before he walked into the meeting" because he hadn't been given many details. I told him I didn't know much about it except that I understood the kid was very disrespectful to the teacher when she confronted him about missing her class.

The dad's response was, "I don't care what he did or what she did, what pisses me off is that he showed disrespect to an adult, much worse a TEACHER. I won't put up with that shit. The hammer's coming down!"

That raging statement was the shining light in my LONG week! Thanks, Matt's dad!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Kinda restores your faith in parents, doesn't it? I think Matt's dad must have known you really needed someone like him ...