Friday, January 29, 2010

Nailing jello.

We are one week in to the new semester and I am ready to poke my eyes out with a dull crayon. I have diligently pin-pointed students who struggled last semester - those who had a lot of absences and/or tardies - those who had a difficult time behaving... I have whittled my list of 500 charges down to 50 who need at least weekly attention (some need DAILY attention.) And now begins the task of keeping all 50 of them where they belong each hour of the day. Picture me, trying to get 50 kittens to stay in a box... kittens who would rather be exploring (except I work with bad-ass kittens who want to go smoke by Sam's Club or make out with other hot little kitties in the stairwells.) I really DO have to just be amused by the things that happen each day, don't I?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kitties are more feral, alley-cat types...fur missing, ears torn, tattooed kitties, with scars and limps...and VERY nasty attitudes.

Me. said...

Remind me again why I don't work in a non-traditional high school?

Pat said...

I think you answered your own question.