Saturday, January 9, 2010

Next week's a new week.

"I’ve pretty much accepted I’m talking to myself in my blog posts." Posted by vander1 on ruminations.com


It's probably too early in 2010 to have this kind of attitude, right? It was just that kind of week... I'm sure the treadmill will make me feel better though. (as if.) Getting up early to walk on the the treadmill hasn't worked well because my back hurts so terribly, I can't even work up a sweat as I "tread" as lightly as possible to try to avoid feeling my back tweaking! And last week was nightmarish at work as I had activities to supervise (or kids to taxi around) three of the four nights. How do people do it? I told the girls I had better strike a few yoga poses first in the morning to see if I can do it!

Next week's a new week...

3 comments:

Pat said...

My massage lady - a school parent - did wonders for my severe back pain a year or so ago. In part, she worked really hard on my pelvic floor – so hard it felt bruised for several days afterward – but it REALLY helped my back. Hasn’t hurt that bad since – although it always bugs me a little. Since then, there's a particular yoga stretch I do every morning and night that helps too. The name of it is "Salute the Sun." You can find it on the internet.

Pat said...

One more. One of my secretaries used to always say: That's why God gave us Mondays - so we could start over.

Unknown said...

i swear by this pose ...

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/690

get John or one of the girls to help you get in position. once you are there, just relax into it.