Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's a fine line.

It’s a fine line…I am having a hard time exercising in the morning because my back is so tender, but I have gotten on the treadmill for an hour in the evening and I’m wide awake until TOO LATE! I used to say, “John talks about having to ‘wind down’ before going to bed, but me? heck no! I can go right to sleep!” Well, that may not be true after all… maybe I didn’t know that before because it never occurred to me to… exercise… Last week, I got on the treadmill for a little under an hour sometime in the evening (I don’t remember how late it was) and I had a REALLY hard time going to sleep that night.


I guess what I need to do is to figure out where that threshold is! If I jump on right now (6:15 PM), will I be miserable, staring at the ceiling in bed? This sounds like a potentially unpleasant experiment, but I guess I had better get off my ass and figure it out if I’m going to make this thing work! Here goes!
Okay I’m back and it’s 7:10 PM. I did 2.48 miles and burned 264 calories in 47 minutes on the treadmill… and I’m SWEATY! This is how out of shape I am: I walk for 10 minutes and then run for 3 minutes. THREE. Three minutes is all I can run without my heart exploding! I can hear my mother now, giving me a hard time for giving MYSELF a hard time… I need to praise myself for jumping on the laundry rack and giving it a spin!
Alright, I’m off to bed… I’ll let you know tomorrow whether sleep comes easy (or maybe later tonight if I REALLY can’t get to sleep!)

1 comment:

Pat said...

Looks like you went to sleep. And you just stole my thunder. Reminder: What would you say to your OWN daughters? You're amazing: exercising AND writing every day.