Sunday, April 4, 2010

Each and every time.

I ran into Jessie and her mom at the grocery store today. I was glad to see other people were in an Easter pickle due to late shopping. They were out of fresh strawberries! Who runs out of strawberries? It was fun talking with Jessie. She is such a bright, shiny person. What a treasure we have in her - since she decided to stay in town after college - so many bright, young people leave.


Jessie was on the team when I started coaching. I was pregnant with Jose at the time and those girls who were already there taught me everything I had to know about coaching - and more! We visited a little bit and she commented that she couldn't believe how old the girls were and then admitted she shouldn't be THAT surprised since her 10-year reunion is this summer!

Time flies. I know I have talked about this before...and before that...so why does it surprise me each and every time. It's like the coat rack in the office. Every time I come into the office in the dark, it startles me - as if someone is standing there. Each time. Every time. It's startled me somewhere in the neighborhood of FIFTY TIMES. That makes me think I'm a really slow learner... just like the passing of time... it's always fast, Susan... get over it.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

ooh, I'm jealous of your grocery store visit!

There is some sort of heavy-duty bolt in this small alcove by the window in our bedroom, and every day I'm tricked into thinking it's a spider. I am absolutely sure it's because I'm a slow-learner. Or a no-learner. : )

Me. said...

I'm relieved to hear that, Eliz - since you are one of the smartest people I know. So... I'm either thinking we are BOTH smart, and bolts and coats are just inherently scary, or you aren't as smart as I thought, and we are both just a couple of dumb-asses.