Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Update on James.

Mom asked for a James update and I thought - "hmmm... how IS James?!" I haven't seen him in a while (which means he hasn't blown out of classes or hit anyone - that's always a good thing!) I emailed his dad and asked about him:

Hey Susan,


Thanks for touching base with me. That is truly appreciated.

He is doing well. He is still living with his mother. To make a long story short, I think part of him does not want to live with me, with my strict rules, etc. His mother and I have an agreement that should work out to his benefit.

His education is my #1 concern. He knows it, his mother knows it, that moron she is dating / living with / common-law married to knows it. I think James plays both sides, alot. I am onto his game though. :)

He is determined to do good in school. That I can be proud of. The treatment center thing I think worked out for the best. He is on medication that should help his impulsive overreaction to small things....I hope. Otherwise we need to find a different medication. The treatment center staff was great, supportive and saw huge potential. He ended up making friends with ALL the therapists & counselor's aides. Go figure. His "chatty kathy" string must have been pulled alot!

I have seen a huge behavior change with me, I just hope everyone else sees the same thing. His mother is in the midst of remodeling their WHOLE house, which is a BIG deal! That should help things as well.

I'll be in touch with anything that should arise. That is the gist of things now. He's a "kid," about to be 17 next Tuesday. It is probably the toughest time of my fatherhood to date. He is with his mother all week this week, as my wife just got out of surgery. Things are hectic here as well.

I hope you are doing well with all the lil' kidlets. You are a very supportive AP, and again, I cannot tell you how much your support has meant to James, as well as me.

Jeff

So there you have it... dad thinks it's going well and I think he has his finger on the pulse!

2 comments:

Pat said...

SUCH good news!

Unknown said...

Sounds like Jeff will be there if it goes into overtime.

Can I say how proud I am of you without sounding mushy? I can't. Too bad.