Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cocky.

I got an email from a teacher today about James. She said she was hoping he would be “less cocky” when he got back. I was stunned. It’s unbelievable to me that there are people who choose to work with young people for their entire career and yet seem to be completely oblivious to their needs.

I’m not proud of the email I sent back; it was sent in anger.


Janice,

I suspect they spent more time working on coping skills so he wouldn’t try to kill himself again rather than an overall personality change.

~Susan

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm stifling cuss words as I write this. But doesn't James deserve to think he's more than he is? He has earned/is earning the right to a little attitude. And if that attitude gets him through this, then I hope to hell he keeps it up!!!

Damn, this would feel better if I ignored civility and deployed some more choice words.

GO JAMES!!!!

Unknown said...

I was pissed and said that wrong. James deserves to think that he's more than he has been lead to believe he is.

... deep breath.

Pat said...

There are idiots everywhere - obviously, even those who work with kids. What a shame James has to be saddled with one of them as a teacher. Any way she can get out from under THAT tree?