Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas in the Castro.

I was engaged in an email conversation with Larry the other day... talking with him makes my day... I love having someone to chat with who will most certainly crack me up... I wish he were closer than San Francisco, but such is life... that's where email comes in, right? ...here is a snip of our conversation:

LARRY: We spent Christmas Day in the traditional way...I mowed the lawn then Geejer and I headed to the Castro for Thai Food and drinks with some friends.
ME: Our Christmas was nothing so traditional! You should have seen what Pat did with the sweet potatoes! She added APPLES!! I MEAN SERIOUSLY!! Talk about turning things UP-SIDE-DOWN! And then there was gravy, but no mashed potatoes?? What the HELL?? That woman might as well have sworn at the baby Jesus himself! I could only have WISHED for the comfort of Thai food and homosexuality for Christmas dinner.
Larry is one of those people with whom nothing is taboo. I was looking at his Facebook pictures and started giggling at the thought that we live on different planets... I remember visiting him when he and Geejer got married and I felt... OLD... and VANILLA... everyone else was so exciting and stylish and FUN! I was... well... not able to keep up!
ME: I looked at the photos on your site - of a Christmas party, I think... one woman dry-humping another... and I almost wrote: "Letty - after careful examination of your photos, I have come to the conclusion that you and I run in entirely different circles..." but I didn't want anyone to take me seriously... Fun stuff though... as different as the circles are, I'd wager one thing for sure... there is a LOT of laughter in both! It's freaking dangerous to be as funny as we are...
LARRY: We should have a show.  The Larry and Susan Show.  Maybe we do the Northwest Circuit when you're back from your summer thang... :-)
I miss you, Larry!




No comments: